Partial Refunds are partial ticket refunds; that is, if there is a ticket with multiple services and retail sales, then individual line items of that ticket may be refunded. They will not allow the partial refunding of one individual service or partial amounts from multiple services in a way that affects the providers' commissions appropriately. You may refund by dollar amount but please note that how this dollar amount refund affects commissions must be accounted for when processing payroll.
*Note: refunds must go back to the client in the same payment type as the original transaction. If paid for via card, they must go back onto the same exact same card.
1. Click on the "transactions" tab in the top right of your salon calendar.
2. With the furthest left column, locate the transaction number.
3. Click on "refund" button on the far right, the icon that looks like a circular arrow.
4. Select the "Partial Refund" tab.
5. If refunding by dollar amount, select the desired amount to refund. Note that this will not reverse any commissions associated with the sale.
*If refunding by service or product, go to step 7.
6. Click the issue "refund button" on the bottom right. Note: if refunding a card-present purchase, your terminal will be prompted with the amount to be refunded, you can then insert a card.
7. To refund by service or product, select the checkbox to the far left of the product or service you would like to refund.
8. The (1) "RC" column will allow you to return the commission on the entire amount of that service. You can also refund any fees (2), refund any tips (3), or choose to restock the product (4) and add it back into the inventory.
8. The amount to be refunded will populate automatically. Select "issue refund". Note: if refunding a card-present purchase, your card terminal will be prompted with the amount to be refunded, you can then insert a card.
9. Refunds must go back to the client in the same form as payment.
a. If it is a Cash transaction, the refund will process and the client will receive cash.
b. If it is a Card Present transaction, selecting Issue Refund will queue the terminal for a card to be chipped or typed in. The card must be the same card that paid for the ticket originally.
c. If it is an Express Pay transaction, selecting Issue Refund will automatically refund back to the card on file. It must be the same card that paid for the original transaction.